Saturday, July 25, 2009

entrepeneurs.




These two have been in the money making business the past few days. Literally, all on his own, Payton got this idea and dragged his sister along. They've been selling otter pops on the corner in the blazing heat! It's been fun to watch them make signs and stand out there. then run to the garage to get otter pops whenever they get a "customer". Truthfully, I think Sydney's sale tactics {a pretty darn cute face} are beating Payton's! But they are a good team...! They even had a little finance lesson with their dad...paid the bank {me...who bought the otter pops in the first place}, tithing, and split the rest 50/50. It was good to see them work for something for a change :) And thanks to all you neighbors {and strangers} who forked out a whopping .50 for an otter pop! {Payt started at a dollar...I had to work him down a little!}

8 comments:

maeav said...

Avery and Arleigh are looking so big! It looks like you guys had so much fun on your vacation. I try to act like I don't care about star watching but I always get so excited to see someone famous. Our last sighting was Wayne from the Wonder Years. We've seen him twice. And seriously, the next time you guys are in California, call me (310-286-0104)

Angie said...

So so cute. I love it. I wish I could buy an otter pop from them.

I'm getting caught up here. Looks like you've been busy. Is Jared really old enough to go on a mission? That seems unreal. Your trips all look fun. Your family and self are beautiful, as always. Have a good rest of your summer!

jenna said...

i would have loved to see them on the corner & bought a whole case! what good little workers. and pretty cute too!

Amy and Clark said...

Love it. Nothing like bake sales and the like as a kid.

kate said...

heehe. i love that sis is wearing mismatched crocs. sure love that girl. and i love that payt wanted to sell them for a dollar. melissa and i charged .10 back in my day!

i'm so excited with all the updates!! way to be a good blogger ess. all these pictures are great! yay yay. You look so stinking pretty in them.. your short hair is a keeper for sure. and i love it straight!

okay. enough.. love you too much! talk to you soon. xo

kelly jewell said...

Ok. I love it! My favorite is the otter pop price. Cute.

Taryn said...

A buck for an otter pop...sooo cute! and I too noticed the adorable mismatched crocs. I think I am with jenna...I would have bought the box with those adorable smiles!

Caroline said...

Wish I could have been one of their customers. They are just so cute - how could anybody not buy an otter pop froom them!!