Thursday, July 30, 2009

All men? or just MINE?


So we were out of eggs and Mike wanted to make his specialty omelette, so he said he was going to run get some. Ok, so I said, could you grab some milk and bananas while you're at it? thanks. and then he returned...with this! This is NOT the first time this has happened, either. What is it with men and surplus? I will give him props to sticking to the list {I am totally guilty of going for one or two items and coming home with a cart full of stuff I didn't plan on buying}...but honestly, this family of five surely can't consume 3 gallons of milk and 54 eggs before the expiration date! Love him for his efforts, though! Needless to say, we've been eating a LOT of the specialty omelette!

11 comments:

jenna said...

all men.

i can't even send andrew to the store any more.

we'll go broke!

Leigh said...

That's so funny! Tommy is quite the opposite. He'd come home with one banana, a half gallon of milk and 3 eggs if he could get away with it. He's so darn cheap. Enjoy your omelettes!

kelly jewell said...

So funny!

Amy and Clark said...

I'm laughing and smiling right now. Love it.

brenda schenck said...

Ok we keep 4 gallons of milk in the fridge at all times, sad I know. As for the eggs and bananas they would go bad. If I sent Chris he wouldn't get enough.

Natalie said...

At least your guy knows his way around the grocery store. I wouldn't dare send Brian. That picture just made me giggle.

arizona rebers said...

So funny Sarah...I thought only Mike Reber...if cheese is on sale he buys 10 lbs. I always get a little scared when he goes and something like fruit loops or entemans is on sale. J

Talia said...

I would do quiche...I have a great recipe if you are interested!!! I am not sure what you should do with the bananas because they make me want to dry heave...

Tay

Ali said...

That is exactly Al. He's always trying to get me to "stock up".

Brooke said...

That's funny! I think I buy like that, plus come home with the 10 extra things I didn't plan on! Beef comes home with all the "good stuff" I refuse to buy... mostly things from the 'international aisle' that I can't pronounce.

grammy said...

I hate to say this...and I am sure he will deny it...but it's a Brooke thing! :) my Mommy was really good doing this type of shopping!