Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Celebrating Life...







We had such a wonderful experience at my Grandpa's funeral. The whole weekend was emotional, yes, and sad to say goodbye. But what a spiritual and sweet time we had together as a family celebrating the life of such a remarkable man. We had a sourdough pancake party (Grandpa's specialty)at Vance and Char's house after the viewing on Sunday. It was nice to see cousins that I hadn't seen in a long time. The funeral program was just beautiful...all the grandkids sang and brothers spoke and the sisters did the life sketch. Todd and Jill sang the most beautiful song, it's still running through my head. My dad dedicated the gravesite and even though it was 2 below zero and snowing, it was a beautiful spot to lay our beloved grandpa. I was so impressed with the strength of my mom and my grandma. I also was so touched by the love and support of friends and family. I feel so blessed to be part of such a special family, I felt love from cousins and aunts and uncles like I have never felt before. I think we all walked away from the services with a renewed determination to "stay on the path" as Grandpa always urged us to do, even in his last moments on this earth.

7 comments:

Chappell Family said...

These pictures are amazing. Glad you two were able to come up.

Melanie said...

You sweet thing Sarah...what a touching tribute to a most wonderful man, your Grandpa and my Dad. I love you.

Aunt JuJu said...

Dear Sarah, I didn't know about this until I looked at your blog. I'm sure that your Grandpa was an amazing man and a true example to your family of the unconditional and abiding love that our Heavenly Father has for His children. You are such a special girl and he had to have been a very special human being to have prodigy like you. I would have loved to have known him. Take good care, and comfort one another with the hope of seeing him again one day! Love, Aunt Judy...you are in our prayers

Caroline Marshall said...

Those pictures are pretty tender.

I am glad that you put the lyrics to that song Todd and Jill sang. I have been humming it since monday, but I couldn't remember the words. I love you much.

KESLER KREW...Cami said...

Sar - sorry to hear about your grandpa...I'm so glad you had such a nice time together as family, a chance to remember his legacy and remember the most important thing is to carry it on. Hope you are all doing well, luv cam

Bee said...

Sarah,
My family and I went to church with my sis (Carol-Lyn) when we were home for Christmas. I was so excited to see your parents! Your sweet mother gave me your blog info..It's so great to see picts of you and your darling family!
Goodness, what a difficult time for you and your family to say good-bye to your Grandpa. Seeing those pictures reminded me of the great time I had in Idaho with your family (way back when!) You have a wonderful family. Your Grandparents were so kind to me and they instantly treated me like one of their own! They would always make an effort to greet me when I saw them while visiting my G-pa Woolstenhulme. I think it is so neat we both have ties to good old Driggs, Idaho! (Victor & Tetonia, too...it's all the same, right?!)
You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Bethany

Amy said...

Hey Sarah,

You know me as Amy Remund :)

Funny the people you can find when you google a name. I knew I would be able to find the Rammells. Sorry to hear about your Grandpa. I remember going to Idaho and staying with them a few times! Tell your WONDERFUL parents hello for me!!! I sure do miss seeing them! My mom use to always keep me up to date with the happenings of your mom and your family. It's good to see all of you doing well.