Saturday, May 14, 2011

Tangled.



















Avery turned three and she wanted a Tangled party. We invited our family and close friends to celebrate with us and I had a lot of fun planning this shin dig. I also had a lot of help with food...I didn't do it on my own. Avery's amazing nursery teacher made her cake and it was so perfect. Avery loved it! And it tasted awesome too. Dinner was yummy...Mike smoked a brisket and pork shoulder, a few friends brought salads, Queen Ju Ju dressed up like a "queen" and Princess Avery sure thought that was special. We set the tv up outside and the kids watched "Tangled" while we ate yummy dinner and spent time together. Avery had a great time blowing her candles and opening her gifts...she got a lot of Rapunzel goodies, dress ups, clothes, art supplies...you name it. Thanks for all who took the time to celebrate with us. My favorite part was after it got dark, Mike and friends lit 3 floating lanterns and sent them into the sky. Everyone watched and waited and cheered when they took off. It was awesome. The details were fun...the Rapunzel hair on the front door, the "Rapunzel paints" for a favor, Pin the frying pan on Flynn Rider, sidewalk chalk, the banner of pictures that my friend Stacey took of our little tangled girl. It was just a fun time, great food, good company. I cannot believe Avery is three. She is so grown up, so smart and funny. She is unique and dynamic and people cannot help but love her. She is a blessing and pure entertainment to her family. She loves her baby sister. She looks up to her big sister and wants to be like her. She worships her big brother and he takes care of her. I am blessed to be the mom of these naughties...I really am. Happy Birthday Avery May!

5 comments:

Melanie said...

Such a awesome Tangled party Sarah and Mike! Great memories for your family! Love you

kate said...

oh man... what a party! you do it well, my dear. so badly do I wish we could have been there! the lanterns are awesome. and the cake!!

loving all the updates. I sure love those sweet kids of yours. kiss them for me!

xoxo

Sarah and Desmond said...

Oh that cake, lanterns, the whole thing! What a great party, Gracen sure would have been jealous! :)
I've said it before and I'll say it again, DARLING FAMILY Sarah!

Cyndy said...

What a party!

Angie said...

i thought i commented already on this but the expression on avery's face on her invite is so classic. i love it.

don't know if you're still in ut, but have fun!!