Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day.

It's been a lovely day. Many, many notes and drawings from my kids. They are quite the little artists. And a sassy swim suit & cover from Mike :) Good day. church was nice, always is when those little voices sing! loved it. So sorry about the previous post, by the way...it's pretty graphic. He is on the mend. We are just glad he's home and not hurt worse than he is.

I am reading a book by Elder Holland and have found so many good passages in it regarding parenthood and motherhood. A whole chapter is devoted to mothers. I loved every word. But this is the quote of the day. It rang true to me as I sometimes feel overwhelmed at the undaunting responsibility of motherhood. Not to mention the ever dreary world we have to raise them in. I simply love these words:

"Our children take their flight into the future with our thrust and with our aim.
And even as we anxiously watch that arrow in flight and know all the evils that can deflect its course after it has left our hand, nevertheless we take courage in remembering that the most important mortal factor in determining that arrow's destination will be the stability, strength, and unwavering certainty of the holder of the bow."

I am thankful this mother's day for my mother. For her unwavering certainty and her example to me throughout my life. I was blessed to be raised by parents who led by example and I never doubted their love for each other nor their devotion to the gospel. I hope to do the same.

5 comments:

Brooke said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brooke said...

Happy Mothers Day, Sarah! You're one of the best I know!

Chappell Family said...

I agree with Brooke! Love ya!

Melanie said...

Happy Mother's Day to you too. I love you tons angel girl. Loved the quote...beautiful! Thanks for the gift card, earrings and cute plaque! I'm off to Gracie Lou's!!

Katie said...

Love that quote! Thanks for sharing...especially your thoughts. You really have turned out to be quite the mother.