Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Viva Montana!












Mike & I were invited to go spend a few days in Montana with a bunch of couples. It was glorious. My mom came to watch P & S and we took Avery. A big thanks to my mom who took such good care and even got Payton through his first week of Kindergarten. The trip was so relaxing and nice. The atmosphere was just beautiful and so comfortable. And the views out our door were breathtaking. Avery was such a good girl. She loved riding on the boat, it put her right to sleep (we did that a lot ;) and the company was very fun and entertaining. The food was out of this world, really. A big thanks to the Tanner family...
HIGHLIGHTS:
Allegient airlines and the entertaining (though expensive) raffle & dollar game
Our lake suite
Cherry orchards and delicious "ranier" cherries
Taking the boat to dinner & the awesome sunsets
Francis the masseuse
Pizzas in the outdoor oven, delicious pizza sauce & Pizookies with homemade ice cream.
The olympics
The name game
The soda fountain with the best DP ever!
Brannon's entertaining stories and just plain funny self
Watching Mike chase the chickens
Waterslide down the mountain and water that comes from the "earth"...it was freezing!
Spending one on one time with my sweet Aves
Ben & Jerry's
Meeting new people

Hope you enjoy the pics. It really is one of the most beautiful places I've ever been.

11 comments:

Amelia Johnson said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Melanie said...

Oh my heck Sarah that is a beautiful place!! So glad you, Mike and Avery had a wonderful time. I miss my S & P SO much! Love you all!

Angie said...

That looks absolutely gorgeous, Sarah. That is definitely Ajay's type of vacation. I'll have to show him the pictures. That's where he always says he wants to live. I'm so glad you had such a great vacation. Much needed I'm sure!

kate said...

Wowza. you are getting so good with that camera! Your pictures are awesome! Guess I need to get myself to montana... that place is gorgeous!

I suddenly have a craving for some good pizza. Send me that sauce recipe asap! :)

Nora said...

What a beautiful place. We need to make plans and meet up somewhere! Haven't seen you guys in too long! Avery is so cute! Love her!

Leigh said...

I'm dying, I miss it so much. What a fun week, so fun being with you guys.

cait said...

Amen to a highlight being watching mike chase the chickens. HILLARIOUS! It was all fun indeed.

Dallas and Krista said...

Oops that last one was me- my friend was signed in on my computer :)

Ali said...

Sarah! I found you from Krista's blog - love the pictures. Such a fun week!! And I think Payton looks like you so much, especially in the first day of school pictures. Your kids are adorable! If you wouldn't mind, could you send me some of the pictures you took? I was so bad at taking pictures - I think I have 2 from the whole week. My email is ali(dot)evans@gmail.com

Thanks!

Brianne said...

Sarah, it looks beautiful! My husband would DIE to move there!!

jenna said...

what beautiful pictures and you are right the blanket is so darling! what's even cuter is the babe in it! oh i love her. and you.