Monday, January 11, 2010

Island Park

We bombed from Mesa to Menan on the 23rd of December. Wow, that might be a record for us! The kids did surprisingly awesome. We stopped in Utah and met up with Andrew, Jenna & Quinn and then went to Menan to Mike's parents'. Can I just say that I really have a soft spot in my heart for their home in Menan. It is just like home to me, can't really explain. It's just lovely and warm and fun. We sat around the fireplace, Mike and Andrew shot at things off the back deck. Dama Dama made us yummo breakfast in the morning and we wrapped presents. Then we hit the {icy} road to Island Park where we met the rest of our family and Art & Nae & their kids. We had a wonderful time eating, playing games {ticket to ride}, Mike accompanied on the guitar as we sang {Payt & sis sang "Feliz Navidad" at the top of their lungs, girls sang "Star Bright" for old times sake}, Dad, Stuart & Andrew read stories {Merry Christmas Jimmy, my favorite} sat in the hot tub {kids had competition who could run and lay in the snow the longest before returning to the tub}, kids sprinkled reindeer food outside and left cookies for santa, sledding {grandpa pulled the girls...the loved it}, cross-country skiing {I ate it twice, mike face-planted once...sooo funny}, played with our new toys {baby girls fought over Avery's new car constantly, I got a "flip", payt & his I-touch and wii madden, Sydney & her tag reader and fiesta dora doll}. The weather was beautiful and clear. We got to talk to Jared on Christmas and it was great to hear his voice. He sounds like he is doing great and loving West Virginia. I failed and broke my month long hiatus from diet coke. oh sadness. And it wouldn't be a Rammell family gathering without throwing up {Sydney} and a dislocated shoulder {dad falling down stairs getting water for the pukey girl @ 5 am}...all in all it was an AWESOME time.
Thanks all.
Sydney & Avery...
Arleigh & Aves...

Grandpa reading Christmas stories.
cross-country skiing.
Games & puzzles...Rose, Payton & Max
Pod & Miguel...aka "Conner"
Payton loves his I-touch. Thanks Dad!
Santa brought Avery a "brrrrooooom, brrroooom" and she loves it.
Santa had to search high and low to find "Fiesta Dora"...it was number one on Sydney's list!

Avery & Quinn in the tub.
Andrew & Mike shooting things. {it looks like Andrew is dangerously pointing the gun at my husband's face, but I swear, he's behind him. just an optical illusion} Gotta love Menan!
Chef Sydney helping Dama Dama make pancakes Christmas eve morning!

2 comments:

Jennie said...

I am really enjoying all of your updated posts! Looks like you guys have been having lots of fun. Isn't Christmas so much fun when your kids actually understand what is going on and they get SOOOO excited? I think this year was my favorite so far, just because Zach and Brooklyn had so much fun.

Amy and Clark said...

Looks like Christmas was packed with fun. Loved seeing all the fun family pics. I also loved your comment to me the other day about Christmas morning and our American Girl dolls. Warmed my heart thinking of those days. Miss you like crazy.