Saturday, December 20, 2008

history...


I have to post this before I forget...
So I mentioned before that Payton is in Kindergarten. He is learning so much and nearly reading, sounding out lots of words. He loves his teacher and his friends, it has been a good experience. In fact, he helped his class win a pizza party by collecting the most canned food to donate to needy families. Thursday night Payt and Mike took the wagon around the neighborhood to our good friends and asked for dontations. He did all the talking himself and I was a proud mama. And then taking him to school yesterday with a wagon full of food, all the kids looking and saying "Payton, you're going to make us WIN"...it was so fun. He was so happy. And indeed they did win. So it was a good day for all of us.
And then there are lots of behaviors/words/attitudes he is coming home with that I am not thrilled about, including the Santa Claus questions, which I also mentioned before. Add sarcasm and even one "shut up" and it makes me cranky. Anyways, this one was funny: He has learned many poems and christmas carols. He's been singing "Rudolph" with all the "like pinnocchio" add-ins that we all sang when we were in elementary too. But this kid never ceases to make me laugh out loud. In the car on the way home from Flagstaff, he said, "mom, listen, I thought of a good one" and proceeded to sing "Rudolph" from the top with all the usual funnies, until the end when he said "Rudolph, the red-nosed reindeer, you'll go down in history! Like OBAMA!" Oh my word, I was first stunned, because I really didn't know that he even knew who Obama was...then it caught me so funny, I just died laughing. He is a clever smart little cookie. He then went on to tell me that Obama is the new president of the United States. Guess he's learning something in Kindergarten! Merry Christmas...

5 comments:

Woods: said...

I love that kid. He is hilarious and so so smart! That is such a funny story! Miss you guys tons. Please make sure Payton remembers that Alie is his girlfriend. Thanks! Happy holidays!

jpr said...

I dearly love this man-child, and his mother of course. These observations of yours are priceless, child as father of the man.

jpr said...

"My heart leaps up when I behold
A rainbow in the sky:
So was it when my life began;
So is it now I am a man;
So be it when I shall grow old,
Or let me die!
The Child is father of the Man..."
W. Wordsworth

KESLER KREW...Cami said...

luv it! hope you guys had a great christmas...looks like i need your new addess...shoot it to me if you get a chance k! luv ya cam

abo-bder said...


شركة تركيب مظلات خشبية بالرياض
شركة ترميم بالرياض
شركة تنظيف كرفانات بالرياض
شركة تركيب طارد حمام بالرياض
شركة تركيب شبك حمام بالرياض
شركة تنظيف واجهات بتبوك
شركة دهان ابواب بالرياض
فنى تركيب ستلايت بالرياض
شركة تركيب ستائر بالرياض
فنى نجار بالرياض