Friday, December 12, 2008

Avery





Our little baby girl is 7 months old! I can't believe it. She is getting more fun and expressive and sweet as the days go by...She said "da da" (why is this ALL of my kids first word?) and she smiles when she sees her brother and sister. She loves her mama. She hugs my face and kisses when I get her out of bed. She is growing too fast, last appointment she weighed 14 pounds. Her nick names are "Aves" "Gangsta" and "Bumbo" (possibly because she lives or has lived {next story} in that thing for the last 3 months. Ok, so don't turn me in to CPS or anything, but she was sitting in the bumbo on the counter while I was cooking. I forgot the chicken on the grill so I went hurriedly to check it, barely got around the corner and bam, she leaned into the sink to get her spice bottle she was playing with and all I see when I come around the corner is bum and legs sticking straight in the air, head first into the granite sink. If it hadn't freaked me out so bad, I would have stopped to take a picture because it was so funny. Poor baby. No more bumbo on the counter ;) Avery loves to be out and about, especially outdoors. She sits up and plays with her toys. She is a mover, I think she will crawl soon. She has totally struggled in the sleep department her whole life :) but recently she has given me a few nights of peace. Hopefully we will continue with that! She goes to sleep for her dad really well and she doesn't love the binky anymore! What? I know, I am mad about it, but what can I do? She is starting to eat more things. She loves to eat real food, not so much the baby food...she's a girl after my own heart...loves the treats. We are blessed to have her in our family. She is quite a girl.

8 comments:

jenna said...

is this really happening?! i'm so so happy to come across an update! oh my gosh i'm dying thinking of her bum in the air. poor thing just wanted her toy! love and miss her to bit. she is so little!

Danny Van said...

oh she is so cute! I just want to eat those cheeks!

kate said...

You did it!! Hooray. ;)

Love all the pics. Especially the one of aves and her tongue. Oh my word that girl is cute.
I miss you guys. Wish so badly I could be around for recitals and birthday parties... looks like fun!

XOXO

KESLER KREW...Cami said...

sounds like you guys are busy and that life is good! so happy to hear...brave woman to actually tell your "bumbo" story...cause i am sure that has never happened to any of us...:) but freak, i luv that thing! hope you guys have a great holiday! luv cam

Woods: said...

Why does she have to grow up? WAH! She is so darling! We miss you guys! Love your posts! Happy Belated Bday to Payton! Alie is really missing him and we are sad that we took our time there for granted and didn't hang out more! Love you guys!

Jerai Moulton said...

She is so darling!! I can't believe that she only weighs 14 pounds. We went to the doctor for Boyd's 2 month check up and he nearly weighed that much! I guess we just have one big boy on our hands!

Leigh said...

Look at that little dollface! She's getting so big!

Aunt JuJu said...

Oh yes, she likes popsicles...got mad when I took it away! She is so precious and funny too!