Friday, April 17, 2009

Easter fun.








So we had a great Easter. The weather here could not be any better, so we have been spending quite a bit of time outside. The good old easter bunny was a tad on the l-a-m-e side, due to a procrastinating mother and depleted shelves at target. The kids loved the egg hunting business. I am so over the sugar high, but they looked cute in their easter gear anyways ;) Sydney found the "grand prize" in the hunt at Judy's and Payton was sorely disappointed. Sis was sure proud of herself, though. It was a nice day. We went to the Easter pageant earlier in the week with Aunt Jen & her cute kids. I also had a visit from a roommate from Ricks (it was great to see you Rach). I have really been touched by the spirit of Easter this year. It is such a miracle and such a blessing to all of us. I am just so thankful.
We also started swimming lessons last week. It has been surprisingly great. Sydney cried the first 2 days but now she is really getting the hang of it. minus the diving board, she is just a tad nervous about that whole deal. Payton is improving though, it's good for them.
Miss Avery is quite the girl. She is nearing her first birthday and I have to say, I am a little bit sad about it. She is getting so big and I just love her so much. I am sure she'll be walking soon and she's got a load of teeth popping through. She holds the cell phone and says "Hi Da"...funny. Speaking of "da", she just adores him. I've been working a bit lately, so she spends quite a bit of time with him and it's great for both of them.

Anyways, here's to a great weekend!

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

I have never seen the Easter pagent I would love to do that some time.

jenna said...

love.you.all.

Melanie said...

Way to go Sydney finding the prize!! They look so cute in their easter best! Love you all.

Ketsy said...

Happy Easter to you guys! I love the updates on the kids. Missing you.

Leigh said...

Look at gangsta' Aves! She's huge! Glad you guys had such a great Easter. I love this time of year too. I miss you guys!

The Downey Family said...

Cute fam!!